Do you have valuable Ash trees? Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an invasive species of beetle that survives solely from the living tissue in our Ash trees, which eventually kills them. Ash native to Minnesota (Green, Black, White and Blue are all under threat. Mountain Ash are not a true Ash species and are not affected. Here is a video that explains a little more about EAB we made with footage from a tree that is beyond saving. Contact us at the first signs of EAB or if you suspect it may be present so we can treat your tree before it gets this far.
- There is a solution for EAB! A few options are available, the ideal being an injection done during the growing season. This can provide 2 years of protection from the beetle.
- Do you have EAB in your area and want to act NOW? A soil drench can be done any time up until the ground freezes. This treatment done now will be protecting your tree when the weather warms, and the beetle becomes active again.
- Scheduling an EAB injection treatment for next spring now will save you money.
Ash aren’t the only species of trees that can be helped by preventative treatments.
- Did your Bur Oak start to turn brown much earlier than normal? Symptoms of Bur Oak Blight (BOB) start between late July to mid-August, when the leaves prematurely turn brown. Don’t be fooled when it leafs out healthy in the spring, this is normal for trees with BOB.
- Treatments for BOB are done in the spring while the leafs are developing (May-June)
- Preventative treatments for Oak Wilt and Dutch Elm Disease are also done during this period.
- It is important to plan ahead; it is a short window of opportunity to perform these treatments.
- Was there any construction done around your trees this summer? Whether building a home on a new wooded lot, adding a driveway, road construction near a boulevard tree, or even heavy equipment traffic going over and over a trees root system, these are all things that can put trees into a slow decline. There are therapeutic treatments we can do to give the tree it’s best chance at bouncing back next season.
As always feel free to give us a call to get a free estimate or to schedule a consultation at 888-470-3355 or you can visit our website at www.carrstreeservice.com to learn more about the services we offer.